Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week 3 Day 3

Tonight I ran for the first time in 3 days – the longest I’ve gone since starting the program a few weeks ago.  I have been waiting on Stephen to get home before doing the program because it has been a little chilly during the day and I don’t really want to get Christopher out and running in the cool air.  Since DST ended and it’s getting darker much earlier now, it’s harder to get the run done before dark.  Stephen usually gets home around 4:15, and I have to leave within 30 minutes after he gets home. I hate that I have a nice big jogging stroller and that I’m not able to use it much right now (or probably through the next few months) but I know it will come in handy next spring, early summer, and fall.  Plus, I figure since I am a newbie to the program (and running, period!) it’s easier on me to run without the stroller – I know it’s going to be much harder to run with it, so I may as well build up my endurance as much as possible while I am “training.”

Anyway, tonight I did the last day of Week 3, which is the same routine as W3D1 and W3D2:

Brisk five-minute warm-up walk, then do two repetitions of the following:

  • Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
  • five-minute cool-down.

I’m not sure if it’s all the pizza I’ve been eating (not good, y’all, not good.) but it seemed tougher tonight than last time.  I did not run the whole 3 minute time frame during the 2nd 3 minute run; I had to stop a few times just to catch my breath for a few seconds, then I would run again.  I didn’t want to stop completely so I figured it was better to stop and walk for a few seconds rather than stop and not run again at all.

I am going to repeat this routine on my next run, instead of moving on to Week 4.  I’ll probably just do it one more time, and if I can do all 4 running segments without stopping, I’ll move on to Week 4 the next time.

1 comment: